Thread: Color JetBook Color 2 Review
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #10
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That 16x16x16 matrix is fiction. Just because the software will let you set a hex color code doesn't mean that the screen is capable of producing that color.

I cannot see #0f0f0f on this screen, nor anything close to it. So at least one of those 4096 colors can't be reproduced and this the claim of 4096 colors is a myth.
I'm not sure I understand. There are only 16 values per component, so you would likely only be able to set each RGB component to 0x00, 0x10, 0x20, ... ,0xf0, or perhaps 0x00, 0x11, 0x22, ... , 0xff. Not being able to set it to 0x0f isn't making the claim false. You'd only expect to be able to do that if 256 values per component were technically possible. Or did you mean something else?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote