Thread: Color JetBook Color 2 Review
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The claim that E-ink makes is that their color screen can display 4096 colors. That's not true. This screen cannot display anything even close to white or an off-white color.
Of course it's true. It's a 16 x 16 x 16 matrix (and reminds me little bit about my good old Commodore Amiga in HAM graphics mode with 4096 colors).

E.g. even with a very good tablet (like the Nexus 10) it's not possible to display real black but I don't see you complaining about the black color problem with LCD displays? So it's not a necessity to be able to display specific colors. Most display colors are an approximation, anyways.

Well it's obvious you don't like color e-ink displays. But back to the topic - is the display non-glare?

Last edited by joblack; 03-18-2013 at 01:36 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote