View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #98
carbonize
Connoisseur
carbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beautycarbonize does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
You apparently think a lot of things, but not always correctly in this thread. Apologies for confusing you.
Wow talk about being unable to admit you made a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Sounds like it isn't a product for you, which is totally fine.

But I find your "brutally honest" generalizations about those who do find it useful quite offensive, fyi.

And spare me the "please note I said most not all" bullshit.
If it offended you maybe you should ask yourself why.

I have admitted I don't like the iPad. Whilst the tablet concept is brilliant (and the iPad was far from the first) the iPad is restrictive in that it cannot multitask, it doesn't support Flash, you have to use iTunes to sync your files on there (although I assume you can also download them via the internet?) and the only software you can put on there is software Apple has approved. Fine it works for some people but it's already been proven that Apple is making around $400 profit on each one they sell. If it was made by Microsoft the world would be up in arms about it with antitrust cases flying in from all corners.

As an ebook reader the common consensus (from what I have read in various reviews) is that the iPad is just to heavy for long term reading. Now the argument is that it's not just an ebook reader and yes it's good for surfing the net (except sites that require Flash or Silverlight anyway). Checking emails, yup it can do that but then so can pretty much every mobile phone made these days at a fraction of the cost. Listen to music? Yup it can do that, again like most mobile phones, so long as you use iTunes to put the music on there. Play videos? Yup and has pretty good format support. Now can you listen to music whilst reading? Nope because it doesn't support multitasking (although I'm sure it will be enabled in a firmware update just like the iPhone was).

So what it all comes down to is the iPad, like the other iProducts, would be good if they were half the price and half as hyped but at the price range Apple is asking they are just mediocre.

The proceeding paragraph is my opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of others. What is the world coming to when you have to put disclaimers in everything?
carbonize is offline   Reply With Quote