View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 03:41 AM   #36157
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
If they still made bicycle seats like they did for our old Schwinn truck bikes, with the big springs under them, I 'might' consider riding a bicycle. I refuse to subject my tender parts to the miniscule, rock hard 'thing' they call today's bicycle seat!
I got this saddle, it's nice, wide, soft and the springs work well.

I remember when I went to secondary school I got a new bike and it was was then called a city bike, which looked a lot like a mountain bike (straight and low handle bars, so you had to lean forward) and I hated the thing. Especially the narrow and hard saddle. My father believes that the point of cycling, even for fun, is to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible and you should sit as aerodynamically on the bicycle as possible. I prefer sitting up straight so I can enjoy my surroundings.

I now have a classic Dutch bike, which has got hand brakes but you sit up straight and is nice and sturdy. I've installed a rack on the front with a small crate on it for shopping and I've got a Hemand which I can put on the back if I need to do a lot of shopping.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote