Thread: Billboards
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 08:31 PM   #15
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I think latepaul's research offers lots of insight into the problems you may be having in marketing your books. Basically, no one can find you!
You need to be visible on the web and your books need to be very easy to locate and download. I haven't tried to find them.

Just tried to find your kindle books on Amazon. All I found were two books of short stories with very uninspiring covers. No novels. It was unclear whether one of them was an anthology of which you're the editor.

Maybe focus on your online presence. Do you have a Facebook page? Is this full of information about your writing and links to your books?

If you do want to do 'real world' advertising, why not go round a few neighbourhoods handing out fliers? Perhaps ask (and pay) some shops to show the US equivalent of an A4 poster in their window which you can design and print yourself. (I've done both of these for lost cats.)

Spread the word. Maybe join a few book clubs in your town and take some POD paperbacks to give away to the members. Give a copy to the local library (they might put it in the bin, but it's cheaper than the billboard.)

I'm not anti having books up for free, but after reading a few freebies I've developed a poor opinion of them and stopped downloading free Amazon books. Are you sure that those who download your zero priced books are actually reading them. (It's a sad fact that people value things more if they've had to shell out money or effort to get them.)

Good Luck.
I just want to add to your free book comment.
I did two small studies on freebies. The first one worked out better than the second one but not by much. The first one came out to be 75% of the freebies were not worth the download time. The second one came out to 90% not worth it.
Note: I am not talking plots. I am talking actual errors. This was across all genres.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote