View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 05:13 AM   #30
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is my list. Kobo described the Annotations sync, as a "New Annotation service". Which probably means a full rewrite. During the beta, I had some problems with two devices. They would not sync the annotations. All the others, plus the Android and iOS apps synced fine. Signing out and back in on one (haven't gotten around to the other) fixed the problem. The annotation syncing for these two devices have been broken for a while. There were annotations on them from last year that hadn't synced. Which actually means there were annotations that I forgot to delete more so than.

I missed this post earlier.

I'm excited to test this out. As you probably recall, David, annotation syncing issues between Kobo ereaders and their iOS software counterparts has been something that has bugged me for years. The last time we talked about it, you pointed out there were improvements. I tried it out and found it to be as you said. The major complaint I had was that syncing was delayed, sometimes by hours. Still, it was a vast improvement.

I like to use the iOS app for annotation with its quicker keyboard, but prefer reading at night with the ereader. This works great with my Kindle, but not as well on my Kobo. I could create syncing issues if I highlighted a passage on the ereader before the updates that I made in the iOS app synced—like whispersync used to do ten years ago. I wonder if the full rewrite made things quicker and more stable. I'll start testing tonight.

~Dˢ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote