View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
The Boox has its touchscreen BELOW the eInk (it's Wacom), as opposed to the PocketBook 302. It is the Pb that has its touchscreen layer on top. The Boox has less glare than the Pb.

Whether or not the glare on the Pb will bother you is something only you can decide. Some people hate it, some people don't have a problem with it. Glare on readers seems to be worse in artifical light than in sunlight. I heard from people who tried that mate screen protectors are no good at all.

All e-readers currently on the market use exactly the same eInk displays from the same supplier. So they all look the same. Although the Pb may have less contrast than the Boox because of the touchscreen layer.

I like your shortlist! These two are probably the best 6" inch readers currently available for ~300 EUR. You might want to wait for the Pb 602 which seems to come this summer, which has a mate screen, so less glare than the 302, but probably some other hardware changes as well (they mentioned a less powerful battery, for instance).

I have a Boox myself, and can recommend it. There is an active community on Booxusers.com. I don't know about the Pb community.

Last edited by Zetmolm; 06-19-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote