View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #309
kerotan
kerotan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've re-debricked my KT and updated it to 5.0.4 (success) but updating it to 5.1.0 (from 5.0.4) gives me Error 006 (during phase 2/2). I'm currently reading on what to do about it. Some say you have to uninstall hacks but I haven't got any hacks installed on my KT. I'll update as I trod along!

EDIT: reset to factory defaults and updating to 5.1.0 (from 5.0.4) doesn't work for me.

EDIT 2: I've successfully updated my KT to 5.1.0 as per ixtab's post here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Currently trying it as well. I also got error 6 in phase 2/2. I think I'll simply copy over the pristine 5.0.0 root image and do an update from there. Much easier than manually uninstalling all hacks. I'll keep you updated.

Update: It worked. Here are the steps I took:
  1. Make sure that you are using the diags partition with SSH. To install, enable usbnetwork while normally booted, then: dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p2_ssh.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p2 bs=4K
  2. Create ENABLE_DIAGS file on the "USB drive", and reboot.
  3. Once in diags, enable usbnetwork by touching the N - U - Z - X items.
  4. Wait for 30 seconds, then SSH to 192.168.15.244 (user: root, pw: mario)
  5. dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K
  6. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K (this resets a few settings, but actual content is still kept)
  7. idme -d --bootmode main
  8. rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS; sync; reboot
After that, I could update to 5.1.0 without problems. I'll now check the localization procedure (Since 5.1.0 includes french, german, spanish, brazilian portuguese, I guess that these translations are now obsolete; there are still other languages for which this may be useful).
Thanks to all those who helped! silver18 (he has a new guide!) and geekmaster! and ixtab's post too!

PS Do not give up on your bricked kindle! And don't update your KT to 5.0.3 (after debricked 5.0.0)! If somehow you can't update to 5.1.0 after debricking it, follow ixtab's post above and update normally and all will be fine!

Last edited by kerotan; 06-06-2012 at 04:35 PM.
kerotan is offline   Reply With Quote