View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihor View Post
wrong assumption. I am struggling with usbNetwork hack on my DX Graphite, and unfortunately, unsuccessfully.

I do the following:
1) installed update update_usbnetwork_0.39.N_dxg_install.bin
2) rebooted my kindle
3) launched command ;debugOn
4) launched command ~help
this command displayed a list of commands, among which the last one was ~usbNetwork
5) launched command ~usbNetwork
6) connected my USB cable to kindle device.

I expected to see one more network adapter in my Win7 (x86) where I should put IP = 192.168.2.1, and my kindle will be 192.168.2.2.

But unfortunately, kindle is recognized as Flash Disk after connecting USB. And I have no idea what to do.

Can anyone help me?
Hmmm... as said, I don't have a DX, so I can't really help you with that. However, it *looks* correct to me. Maybe someone who actually has a DX, and got usbnetwork running, can jump in and help.

If you don't get a response within a few days, the problem has probably gone unnoticed, so it may be best to start a new thread "how to enable usbnetwork on DX" or so...

EDIT: I just saw that you did exactly that
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote