View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:58 AM   #7
J-P
J-P began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3g
I rarely pay for ebooks. I like having a hard copy... the only real exception that I make is when it's a book that I'm using for reference/paid work. Practically the only books I've paid for so far have been Programming, HTML 5,CSS 3, application guides and reference books; which I find very useful to have in ereader form.

I'm one of the people that actually wish that there were such a system whereby - when I buy a paper copy of a book, an ebook is included into the cost or made a free download.

Amazon could easily make this happen(?) I'd purchase a shiny new copy of your new novel say... the paperback or hardback version. Then hey presto! I have a notification from Amazon telling me that the ebook version is now free to download. I can then sit back and read the beginning whilst waiting for the delivery truck to arrive.

I'm guessing I'm not the first person to think of this though... So I can only wish that one day it could be reality. Unfortunately, until then - I'm sticking with free downloads.

Make sense?
J-P is offline   Reply With Quote