View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #18
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I admire your ability to stick to a list. If I made a list of the booking I wanted to read, by the time I finished the first book I would resent the list and wonder what I was thinking.

Usually, when I'm in the middle or near the end of a current book, a few different ideas for my next read will bubble up and I'll pick one of them based on how I'm feeling at the time.

That's why I don't mind having such a large TBR pile.
I never said that I stuck to it. I shuffle books on the list on a regular basis, adding new ones as I get them. Got the new Tamora Pierce book on Tuesday and just finished it last night. Now, I've gone back to a book that was next on the list before the Pierce book. Other times I'll get in the mood to re-read some books, so I'll shift them over from CC and move them to the top of the list. One of the reasons that I like Marvin is it's easy to shuffle the list, just go through, open the books I'm interested in, then sort by date last opened. Ibook allows you to manually order a list, which I love, but iBooks tends to be unresponsive at times. I guess it's trying to go out to the cloud or something.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote