View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #12
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Dwig, you use Kindle for windows instead of kindle for windows 8. Do you mean the normal desktop version? ...
Yes, I use the desktop version.

I prefer it because of the way it handles files. My Dell is a 32gig model and like such beasts it has limited space on the small storage "drive". I have added a 32gig µSD card to provide additional space. The Win8 app stores its files on the main drive, period. The Desktop version of the Kindle reader allows the library to be on any drive, including the µSD expansion card.

The Desktop version of the Kindle reader is not particularly touch friendly. I use TouchMousePointer to solve the issue. It provides a laptop like touch panel which emulates mouse type control. Without TouchMousePointer, or something like it, the Desktop version would be somewhat difficult to use on an 8" touch screen.

The same goes for calibre. I have it installed on the main storage (it dislikes being installed on what it considers a removable drive) but my library is on the µSD card. The calibre library contains all of my ebooks, read and unread. My Kindle library contains only those that I am currently in the process of reading. Since I rather like short stories, many of my ebooks are collections of multiple stories. I tend to bounce from collection to collection reading a story in one and then a story in another and inserting the occasional novel into the loop. As a result, I generally have 5-10 books in progress.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote