View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
When installing a firmware update that matches your device type, I would strongly recommend copying the upgrade folder as well otherwise you miss the Linux system updates (those zimage-whatever files buried in that directory in the newer firmware releases).
What does that do, exactly? I mean, I understand updating the version of Linux running on the device. But what impact will I see as a user? I ask because my Aura is running fine as is, but now I'm wondering if I should have copied that other junk over as well.

And what does manifest.md5sum do?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote