View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Ok, I re-enabled the automount feature to try this out.

I've noticed before that if I right click the icon on the desktop and select "safely remove" I always get this error:
Code:
Error detaching: helper exited with exit code 1: sense buffer empty
Error STOP UNIT for /dev/sde: Success
But if I go to Places > computer
and then "eject" the two sony drives, and then use the safely remove feature, it works fine.

After fiddling some more, it seems best to right click the icons on the desktop and use "eject", and then to go to Places > computer and use the safely remove feature on one of the drives, which then makes all the sony-related items disappear.

Ok, seems like everything is working properly, which is awesome, cause I really don't want to use windows!

Alright, as far as using that code to repair the file system if I manage to make it read only... I plugged in the device and looked under "dev". There is a item called sdb, but I'm not sure if that is the ID of the device?
How do I figure out the ID of the sony device?
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote