View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 12:16 PM   #29782
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
My 3 star review of Bloodsucking Fiends (A Love Story, #1), by Christopher Moore:-

Spoiler:
It took me years between the time I acquired this book and finished reading it. This was a walk in nostalgia lane. The story has aged with the grace of Gene Tierney, or Grace Kelly. It was of limited appeal.

But I did like the story. There was an intangible quality of essentiality about it. Probably the reason for that is that Christopher Moore was either inspired or toiled hard at the typewriter.

The ending was like Mowgli's Tiger! Tiger! story. Something was happening, the good guys win but one doesn't know how or why the helpers of the good guys were motivated.

This was not perfect. But only the climax had more ambition than sense.
I worked in grocery store a long time ago. The Turkey Bowling scene reminded me of all the crazy things you can do in a grocery store.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote