View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 AM   #68
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
I would just like to point out the flaw in your reasoning. You want people to read reviews to be well informed, but then bash reviewers for communicating lack of features. Well which is it?

I agree that people shouldn't call something crap or use other such vulgar language, but disagree that negative reviews based on lacking features shouldn't be written.
One can mention the lack of features in a review of course.
It shouldn't be necessary though, usually you find this in the descriptions already.
But whether one mentions lack of features or not: Never should this be part or the rating.
A gadget always should be rated against its specification
: Can it fulfill what had been promised in the description?
A gadget should not be rated against wishful thinking.
Else any low-end gadgets never could have high ratings.

In my example above:
Kindle Fire HD doesn't have 3G or SD card slot, that's right.
But it never had been advertised, so it shouldn't be part of the rating.

As I've written before: A Fiat lacks horsepower. Should I rate it low because it doesn't match a Porsche speed-wise? Or should I rate it against its own specification? In my opinion: Definitely the latter.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote