View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #13
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
self.plugin_path in the plugin points to the zip file. You can add code to genesis() to load images from the zip file. If you're worried about it becoming necessary for every plugin, write the code for one of your plugins and send it to me, I'll put it into a method in the GUI plugin base class so other plugins can use it easily.
Ok, I'll have a stab at doing it that way. Though I'm still not convinced that inside the plugin is the right place for this code, as it means it will execute every time Calibre starts up which sounds unnecessary overhead? Particularly given the work you are doing trying to speed up Calibre load times. I would have thought this is an activity that as it only needs to be run once and hence should do so only when the plugin is installed?

But if that's the only accepted approach so be it. If I try to write it generically, can you give me any hints as to the sort of api/behaviour you would prefer to see so both of us don't end up rewriting it?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote