View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #49
Morbius
Morbius began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
I don't understand why people are posting their findings here instead of emailing Connect directly. They do respond.
Well, in my experience this is simply not true...within the first two days of my Reader purchase, I emailed customer service twice about multiple book prices that were obviously way too high. Each time, the reponse I got from them was that they don't set the prices, the publishers do.

When I would then quiz them as to why the publisher would "force" Sony to sell a book at almost twice the price that the "publisher" would allow Amazon, Barnes&Noble, or some other site to sell it at, they had no answer.

So when I started relaying those experiences here, the thread hit a nerve with others, and the idea for this ongoing list was put into place, in hopes that enough folks with enough different titles showing this issue would (when Bob forwarded it to someone at Sony) prompt them to take another look at their whole pricing scheme, as something is clearly wrong.

Now, if you actually have some contact at Sony yourself whom you think actually DOES go change prices as soon as you point them out, then perhaps you can go back through all posts in this thread and send the list of titles folks have mentioned to your contact. If they can actually change the prices for you, that would be great! But it certainly didn't work when I tried contacting them...
Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote