View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 05:40 AM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Various: Bible, King James Version, V3.0, 06.16.2009 [epub] (UPDATED!!)

As I mentioned in this thread, I thought it would be a rather neat to have an epub version of the Bible, complete with multi-level TOC.
After doing a bit of looking around I just couldn't find anything. So, I decided to bite the bullet and try doing it myself.

What I did is I took the CompleteA.htm file from the above mentioned thread, stripped all of the links and unnecessary (in my view) tags, leaving me with a rather basic HTML file. After getting the HTML file where I wanted it I converted it using calibre to generate a single epub file with two levels of TOC to navigate down to the chapter.

The result is a single file that is quick and easy to navigate to get to the desired chapter. There are no links in the file itself, so there is no previous/next links to chapters etc - all navigation is carried out at the menu system with the numbered buttons. (for the Sony PRS-505)

I am providing both the revised HTML file, as well as the generated epub - feel free to improve either to your hearts content

UPDATE: I have run this bible through "ePub_TOC_enhancer_v0.01" as created by =X=. It improves the speed of initial loading of the bible dramatically. Attached file has been updated to V1.1.

UPDATE 2 (06/14/2009): Completely new version 2.0 has been added. See post #10 below for details

UPDATE 3 (06/16/2009): I decided to work on this some more - I fixed a few errors that crept in, and made some cosmetic changes.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Holy Bible - King James Version(v3.0).epub (2.20 MB, 9712 views)
File Type: bz2 CompleteA_revised(v3.0).htm.bz2 (884.2 KB, 2495 views)

Last edited by sherman; 06-16-2009 at 03:29 AM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote