View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=22

Linux 2.6.16 is the minimum kernel version that the glibc was built to support. (Even when dynamically linked, trying to run a binary targeting a newer kernel than your host will not work, the loader will shout at you and abort ). (It's set via glibc's --want-kernel configure arg [it does require that the kernel headers you build against be at *least* equal to that, but you can safely build against more recent headers]).

(I usually use readelf over objdump, readelf -n usually does the trick to check the ABI, and readelf -p.comment to check the GCC tag if it exists)

NPTL apparently requires 2.6.9, so that's probably what's used on most current distros (it's gentoo's default). I tweak it on my boxes, that's why the kindletool builds require Kernel 2.6.38/2.6.39.

It's also configurable when building a toolchain via crosstool-ng, and I usually set it to the oldest Kernel used on the Kindle series the toolchain targets (2.6.22 in the case of the K2/K3 cpu).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-05-2012 at 06:21 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote