View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Demanding that smashwords hold back 30% of all sales to be paid in tax to the IRS, and to qualify for a lower tax rate a multitude of complicated paperwork requires filling in, however when you contact the IRS for advice about filling it in, as soon as you mention that its related to e-commerce, they wont talk to you. As a UK resident I pay income tax on any income here in the UK, I am now expected to pay the IRS as well.

If thats the rules so be-it, but they could at least help so I am paying the correct amount.

I must state that this is in no way the fault of Smashwords, which I consider a brilliant source of independent works, and I will continue to post my shorter works which will be free on smashwords, but I feel the IRS are forcing myself and other Non-US Authors away from e-publishing in the USA.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote