View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #1116
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The problem is that the only available solution to DRM at this moment may be illegal in the US and is illegal in Canada and other countries. So you can say DRM is evil and this could happen to you but to back up your books means breaking the law.

I have chatted with my brothers and gotten a "It is not worth my time" response. I hope for their sakes that nothing happens to their accounts but that is on them.

I don't see the police coming after folks for stripping DRM, as long as they are not pirating the material, but some people worry about that.

Anyway, Marvin works great for the folks with ePubs that are DRM free.
People get busy. Wrong laws and policies and governments come in all the time, there are fewer people who actually fight it as compared to those who sign petitions.

Maybe even if we could get all the people who believe its not worth their time to join/ sign/ contribute in less time consuming ways.