View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tponzo View Post
After much delay I tried the above and got the following error message:

calibre, version 0.8.69
ERROR: Failed to move library: Failed to move library

Move library from C:\Users\user\Documents\Calibre Library to C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\New Calibre Library
Python function terminated unexpectedly
[Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Calibre2\\New Calibre Library\\John Schember' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 186, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\library\move.py", line 21, in move_library
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 3485, in move_library_to
File "shutil.py", line 175, in copytree
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:\\Program UFiles (x86)\\Calibre2\\New Calibre Library\\John Schember'
Thanks in advance for any reply
I would expect there to be problems with putting a Calibre library under C:\Program Files (x86) as by default this location is protected by Windows from write access by users. I would strongly suggest an alternative location is chosen to which an ordinary user has full access rights. That location is technically possible, but it requires you to manually set up the correct access permissions at the Windows level.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote