View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #14
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Hmm. I want to go the other way: add ebooks to my audiobooks. Will they have a deal for that?

Only 121 titles with this feature at the moment.

I think this is pretty brilliant, however. iBooks and Nook have a 'read aloud' feature but having all this content in the same file can make it pretty unwieldy and suitable only for children's books (with only a few dozen pages of text). Plus in general, the audio and ebook publishing rights are often held by different companies, limiting what is possible to put together. Amazon's scheme seems more flexible and rights-friendly. It would be great if they add the highlighting feature to the iOS and Android apps at some point. Of course you can have audible playing in the background and follow along with the Kindle app, just as you can now (without automatic location sync).

Not sure I understand why firmware needs to be updated. Seems like only the Audible apps would need that (just checked: no iOS or Google Play update—but maybe it is already in the current apps). Would there need to be an update for KT/K4 as well, or has this feature been anticipated for awhile?

Also wondering if audible app's notes/bookmarks will sync also. THAT would be awfully nice! I don't see the point of creating them in the first place, since currently they go away when you remove the file from the app. Sent them this suggestion quite awhile ago, good to see they were taking notes. <g>

Wonder what else is in 3.4. Surely not KF8 support...

Last edited by tomsem; 09-06-2012 at 07:42 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote