View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yep. this is standard.

This is what someone might do. (This is for a 3 I have no idea about other devices yet)

add the TLD with subdomain spectrum.s3.amazonaws.com to my host table to make that subdomain point to my devices internal

spectrum.s3.amazonaws.com 127.0.0.1
should do it.

grab a copy of the exact content of file. (looks up, oh there it is)

ape the folder structure above and make the /kindle-wifi/wifistub.html somewhere on the FAT /mnt/us/www seems a likely candidate

start the Inetd from Busybox (the one with the usbnetworking has this capability) with the relevant arguments (check them with help) to make your device resolve port 80 traffic on your local device.

I often get a flaky external connection up on the hills which kills my wifi DUH! no.

CAVEATS:

I have no idea if that will work. I didn't test it. pls don't ask for support.

and you would have to start the inetd everytime (if you had rebooted since the last time) you had this issue

but that has to be more fun that no Wifi because some daft bit of xthml wont load from some remote location. Barmy

HTH.

Last edited by twobob; 10-26-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: added BIG CAVEATS - made the reboot thing a bit more obvious
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote