View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
My dark blue PRS-505 fades only when it's extremely hot to the touch (135 degrees F/57 C). At 115 deg. F/46 C there's no fade. The Sony manual states an upper operating temperature limit of 95 deg. F/35 C.

So no, I don't consider my PRS-505 to fade in the way that I think others have experienced. My MP3 players typically don't work correctly at such temperatures. When the device feels hot enough to "melt" the letters, then that's something different from the fade we're talking about, I would think.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote