View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 04:18 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Dropbox has added a three device limit for free accounts this new authentication was probably added for that only.
that make no sense , I have dropbox on ~10 devices, if i include all PCs...
and surely they cannot limit how many devices access dropbox via a browser

do you have a link to where dropbox are saying this? never mind. I found this report. BUT it says all existing device links are OK
https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/14/...-device-limit/

a fully enforced rule would be very annoying, esp as dropbox has a terrible reputation for taking and not returning money once you let them. I would seriously look at moving to pcloud or something else

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...free-accounts/
"Odds are most free accounts already have more than three devices connected. Dropbox won't start deauthorizing those devices, but you'll have to unlink things until you're below the cutoff before you can connect anything new. That might mean a lot of clicking—my account shows more than 100 connected devices, stretching all the way back to the Nexus One".

in my case. 3 is not enough. looking at my main uses. I need a minimum of 2 PCS ( backups of calibre library, game saves, misc documents ) and 2 tablets (sync reading posiiton via Moon+ reader, and access the aforementioned documents

looks like I will be pre-emptively putting many more document copies into g drive and amazon drive

Last edited by stumped; 03-15-2019 at 04:28 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote