View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 05:43 PM   #61
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veereihen6 View Post
Thanks heaps knc1 and all involved with this!! Worked on my PW2 (downgraded from 5.8.1). I am currently at 5.4.3.2, jailbroken.

However, I have a question as to upgrading back up:

Must I upgrade to 5.6.5, then JB, then apply bridge hotfix in order to be able to get back up to 5.8.1 with JB?
As knc1 said.

The jailbreak, once successfully installed per this thread, is persistent and will survive all known firmware updates. It includes a "bridge" (installed as part of the 5.0.x - 5.4.4.2 poison filename jailbreak, or via the >=5.6.x hotfix).
Unless you apply a factory reset, which you didn't, so no worries.

Now you are jailbroken, as per this thread, feel free to upgrade or not, as it pleases you.
Which means, do you care about Amazon's latest improvements (and not everyone does).
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote