View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Is it okay to erased those ghost files then?

Some of my ebooks files were damage when I have it transfer on my PPro, it wont open. It's says file damage. Is that the file structure that went bad and been fixed? And when I hook up my EZ reader PP it ask me if I want to scan it and it found something error and fixed it. Those damage files that wont opened on my PPro, I already erased. So if I erase those ghost files will the bad stuff came back again? Or not since I got rin with the damaged file that wont open. I'll try what you suggest here tools, folder option etc. See what will happened.

I'm not a tech person, so I don't understand what you're saying about BSOD. How do I check the disk error? Or did I already did it? Sorry... :-\

I know what they said about Vista but as for now, I'm stuck with this OS. :-\
BSOD = Blue Screen of Death. That is what happens when there is no recovery from a serious error in all versions of Windows.

To check your PEz drive, it must not be "in use". You must QUIT Calibe. Right click the Calibre Icon in the tooltray and choos Quit.... No more Icon.
Explore "My Computer".
You should see your drives (Floppy, C drive, DVD-RW. Whatever)
One of the Removable drives will be your SD Card (if inserted),
The next letter is the PEz Built-in storage.
You can explore them to figue whick is the Card and Internal.

Anyway at the Drive Level of My Computer, Right-click the one you want and select properties.
Select the tools tab (on properties)
Click "Error checking: Check Now" button
You will be given some choices. Tick only the Automatic fix option
Click that "Start" (not the one with the logo )
If you get an "Disk check could...." Message, Calibre or there is another "Explorer" window using it. Answer: "NO" . Fix the unwanted usage and try again.

Delete Only those "Ghost" files, if they end in ".chk" and the "found###" folder. Do Not Mess with other hidden files
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote