View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Mobiperl - Perl tools for handling MobiPocket files

Mobiperl is a collection of tools I am writing in Perl for handling MobiPocket files. Since it works OK and I am interested in suggestions for more functionality I start a new thread for it.

The latest version is 0.0.43 and it can be found here: http://www.ida.liu.se/~tompe/mobiperl/downloads/ (updated July 2013)

*original text*

I have not yet tested mobiperl in Windows yet but if nobody else beat me to it I will try to test it during and write down how to use the programs under Windows. As I understand it ActivePerl is very common and it contains PPM that can be used to install packages.

Currently Mobiperl consists of:
  • MobiHeader.pm: A class file for generating MOBI headers.
  • html2mobi: Program to convert HTML files or OPF structures to MobiPocket.
  • mobi2html: Can be used to decode a MobiPocket file to an HTML file. Now mostly useful for debugging.
  • lit2mobi: Convert a lit file to a MobiPocker file.
  • mobi2mobi: Manipulate a Mobipocket file. Can for example be used to change the title.

I am also planning to write a mobi2opf program that explodes a MobiPocket file and tries to create an OPF structure.

Last edited by DaleDe; 07-10-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: fix the links and update the version number.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote