View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 11:45 AM   #441
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I moved the Kindle Previewer app to the same directory as is my Calibre library (per the instructions, if I followed them correctly).
I don't know what you mean by this. You are supposed to install it without changing the default installation location. You should not move anything.

Quote:
correctly). But I can't get a book to convert successfully to KFX, they all said Failed when trying to convert.
Can anyone tell me what step I am missing or doing incorrectly?
Make sure that the Kindle Previewer is installed properly.

If that does not help you will need to post the log from a failed conversion so that I can see what is going wrong. See "Dealing with Conversion Errors" in the first post of this thread for instructions on how to do that.

Quote:
Will this conversion work for any ebook type, mobi, epub, azw, etc?
It should in most cases, but the results may be better from some formats (epub, azw3) than from others (mobi, pdf). Some content cannot be converted to KFX, such as large HTML tables.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote