View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #40
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Some people seem to think that because everyone does it, it is unreasonable to crack down. You suggest above that there aren't enough freeloaders to merit a crackdown. I don't see how we could ever know that there are just the right number of scofflaws to merit protecting the rights of creators.
I'm suggesting no such thing. What I am suggesting is that this sounds like yet another draconian, heavy-handed, privacy-violating crackdown attempt that, to me at least, is a clear case of the cure being worse than the disease.

If unauthorized downloaders are caught, by the proper authorities, fine. But this Brien organization is not a governmental entity, and is using strong-arm bullying tactics to further its agenda of accessing personal information it has no business accessing. That is what I have the problem with. And there are probably many ways for their scheme to lead to false positives & innocent people being punished.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote