View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #231
aliali47
aliali47 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thumbs up

First of all, thanks for all the great work in making these tweaks. I was just about to sell my Kobo Touch and put the money towards a Kindle Touch because I cannot stand the fact that there is no way to organise files.

I have many gigabytes of PDF books and articles and I am basically stuck at a limit of 50 on the reader at a time. It is simply too hard to locate anything when there are more.

My question is: does the collections / bookshelves work with PDF files or epub only? Of course, I will try it myself but just wondered if there were any major issues with this before taking the plunge.

A suggestion, linked to organising: would it be possible to create a tweak that allows the Kobo to sort by filename instead of metadata? I name my pdfs relevant to content but the metadata is often unrelated. That would mean renaming every single file on Calibre, manually, and I'm not prepared to do that.

Another suggestion: enable highlighting/note taking on pdfs.

I think these are the features that would change the Kobo from a toy to a researcher and scholar's companion.

I state that I am also a newb.

Thanks again for all the work you've put in.
aliali47 is offline   Reply With Quote