View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomx2 View Post
My goal with all this is to simply have the file name remain as calibre originally creates it (win 10). So that no matter whether i copy it manually or with calibre it is named the same. This way no matter how it gets to my device the file is named the same and then hopefully my notes will stay intact going forward no matter what device i'm using. This also makes it better if, as i do often, i edit a book's metadata (with updated info. i.e. personal review, etc.) and re-copy it to the device. Currently, if i copy it manually it stays the same, if calibre copies it, it changes.

-t
You cannot control the folder or file names within the library folder, and calibre does not provide a specific tool to copy the files with those names elsewhere - apart from pressing 'O' and copying them with your file manager.

The Save and Send templates define the file name that will be saved or sent.

Looking at your settings I cannot fathom why you would be getting {title_sort} i.e. "New . . . Hit Man The" rather than {title} - "The New . . . Hit Man" in the saved file names.

The attached screen shots show a save to disk that got the desired result.

@theducks - do the Send to Device settings control the Save to Disk behaviour - if they do then that sounds like a good reason to avoid it - which I do

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-09-17 084241.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	173504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-09-17 084337.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	173505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-09-17 084558.jpg