View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
Chris Jones
Connoisseur
Chris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beautyChris Jones does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
Oversized UI fonts on gtk/gnome-based system

I have just noticed that calibre's UI fonts have become quite large all of a sudden.

By 'quite large' I mean that where calibre normally displays some 90+ books on its main screen it now displays only 37. So I'd say the the font is at least twice the height that it should be.

The problem seems to have started with the current 3.47.1 release… presumably because calibre now interfaces with a newer version of Qt (Qt5?).

I have had this problem before with QT applications in a mostly gnome context. On linux this is handled by a gnome/kde compatibility layer and a configuration tool called qt5ct that lets the user change such things as UI font-family, font-size, theme, icon theme… etc.

At least where the font-size is concerned, this 3.47.1 release of calibre does not honor the settings made via qt5ct.

This issue does not affect other Qt5 applications I have looked at (okular, sigil, inkscape, frescobaldi…) which are fine in this respect: if I change the font size via qt5ct these applications respond to my changes. Calibre ignores the changes.

I am running an up-todate debian 10 — aka 'buster'.

Please advise.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote