View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #9
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Why not use a different style sheet for the interview in the back matter?
I find adding additional sheets can get confusing...especially if they are all named style1, style2, style3, etc. Which style sheet goes with which html file???

I prefer to keep everything on a single sheet. That makes sure there is consistency in the style naming conventions. It is very frustrating when I see <p class="somestyle4"> used on one html file, then the same style name is used on another html file to do something completely different.

BUT, I agree with the idea that you can simply create a new "section" of defined styles on the same style sheet. I use the <div> tag to define when there is a large number of lines affected. It keeps the code very clean and easily readable. Plus, the nature of CSS hierarchies ensures that the more specifically defined div elements will have the correct styling.

For example:

Code:
Instead of:
p.interview {margin:0.5em 0; text-indent:0; text-align:left}

<p class="interview">Some question</p>
<p class="interview">Some answer</p>

I would use:
div.interview p {margin:0.5em 0; text-indent:0; text-align:left}

<div class="interview">
     <p>Some question</p>
     <p>Some answer</p>
     <p>Some question</p>
     <p>Some answer</p>
     <p>Some question</p>
     <p>Some answer</p>
</div>
In Sigil I set a "clip" that will automatically surround any text I have highlighted with the <div class="">...</div> tags at the click of a button. It is then very simple to add the class name for the particular style I want on those highlighted lines.

FWIW,

Last edited by Turtle91; 07-24-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote