View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Touch
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
However, at least if the mmcblk0p2_ssh.img diags partition is installed, this method fails at the last step. I.e.: the actual payload gets installed on the main partition, but exiting diags mode is impossible. It yields an error about some xml file missing every time (I don't remember the exact file name, but it's something like diags_info.xml or so). The only way to get out of diags mode is to ssh into it (assuming that it actually *is* an SSH-enabled diags partition!), and to issue "idme -d --bootmode main; reboot".

Can anybody confirm this? If so, is anybody willing to take a look at this, possibly coming up with a revised (probably even final) version of the jailbreak?
After doing some of the tests in diagnostics, the file is created. I don't remember exactly which tests but I was able to exit. (This has also happened to me some time ago when I played with the diags the first time after getting my Kindle.)
PS: I have successfully jailbroken my 5.1 Kindle. Thanks!

Last edited by wolftail; 04-13-2012 at 07:21 AM.
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote