View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #64
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Then the consumers would obviously reject that. However, they didn't reject the ad-supported KSO. In the contrary, the KSO was a huge success. My recollection when the KSO came out was that many naysayers proclaimed it DOA because consumers would reject any ads associated withthe ebook reading experience. The naysayers were dead wrong then, and they will most likely be proved wrong again.
I tend to agree. I think of this crew here as hardcore and I wouldn't expect any answer other than "No effing way!". But I think in reality, if the model was right, it could be quite successful.

I have no idea what the right model would be, by the way. The day I study marketing or advertising is the day I swan dive into a meat grinder.

Last edited by caleb72; 10-26-2011 at 06:09 AM.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote