View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #4
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I like my Oasis 1 a lot. I've had the original Kindle, Kindle Keyboard, first Paperwhite, Voyage, and O1. According to Amazon, I'm getting an Oasis 2 today.

The screen is great IMO, but then I never had problems with any of the lighted screens, my Voyage was my 2d one because the G3 modem stopped working during the warranty period. A friend who is really into music says I have Donald Duck ears, and that's probably the kind of vision I have too when it comes to lighted screens.

I never loved the PW because I wanted page turn buttons. I never loved the Voyage because IMO the haptic buttons were a bitter disappointment. Also while I couldn't fault the screen as to evenness or flaws, it was (I say "was" because I traded it to Amazon for a credit toward buying the O2) an intense blue/white. The Oasis 1 has a cream sort of tone that's much easier on the eyes for me. So I do love the Oasis a little if not as much as I did the KK in its time.

For me the big negative of the O1 is that you can't charge the the cover on its own. So when the battery is low (and mine is low often, I read a lot), I can't keep reading on the device alone and just charge the cover. Also I dislike the suede finish on the walnut cover intensely. When I found out the new covers for the O2 are that finish, I canceled my order for the merlot one and have ordered a Fintie.
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote