View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Wasn't BB&B something of a launchpad for Jetbook?
If you want to reach the non-techie crowd, it's not a bad place to start.

The real interesting thing about it (after the app-supporting update) is the possibility of getting Kindle for Android on it. That would mean double-DRM commercial ebooks; B&N ePub and Amazon Mobi. That alone makes it (and the horde of Android tablets headed our way) interesting.

It also brings up a thought: how soon til we see a standalone B&N app for Android?

6 hours battery life is... suboptimal... but acceptable. Barely... It works out to an evening's worth of reading. My netbook runs about 7 hours and I rarely run out of power. The battery had better be user replaceable, though, cause that thing is going to run through a lot of recharge cycles in a year.

Nonetheless, the features (if they work) and the price are very interesting.
Don't forget Kobo/Shortcovers for additional content. Also, the Android version of Fictionwise eReader is quite nice with a built-in dictionary and good annotation capabilities.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote