View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
If you want to try the built-in text expansion for “free” (very limited compared to what one of the specialized apps can do, but useful for giving a taste of how it works), I think it's still under System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Text as of Sierra (I'm still on El Capitan at the moment).

I completely overlooked it as an option for years until some blogger mentioned it as an essential productivity tool, but it turned out to be pretty nice and useful for a lot more than I thought it would be.

As far as a word processor with an outline view goes, maybe you might try Manuscripts? It's designed specially for academics writing research papers, so I don't know how applicable it might be for your own projects. But it's got a nice collapsible outline view for each section, and pre-formatted templates for submission to major journals, alongside other niceties such as importing citations, etc.

It's a little pricey for the full version which can make documents beyond 1500 words (free version makes as many as those as you want, and you get 3 free unlimited length docs as a trial), but every so often the developer has a deep-discount sale, usually around educational (they had a discount for Pi Day this March) and back to school times.

Last edited by ATDrake; 09-01-2017 at 06:04 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote