View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #86
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Any ability to have one list update another one?
Hi Peter,

I haven't ignored your post, I'm still letting it mull over before I rush into it, as I said above it is still early days and there are some higher priority changes. Such as I mentioned above the ability to sync only the items on the list that are not already on the device. Were this functionality available then you would not need two lists, you could just have the one. The only potential downside to this is that until your device is connected then you would not know which items on your list have been sent to the device (if you care).

Even that requirement could be resolved were I to choose the second of the implementation options I mentioned above, keeping a state for each item on the list. Then on the "Edit list" dialog I could have a column which would tell you whether the book was on the device (according to the last time you plugged it in). Regardless of whether the device was connected at the time or not.

Still thinking...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote