View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 12:11 AM   #71
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Apps written for LCD screens often use colors that don't map well to 16 levels of gray that e-ink provides. When I first got my Boox I spent a lot of frustrating time trying trying to install the Google play store; I thought it was hanging during the installation but it turned out that it was waiting for me to tap a button which was invisible because it was almost the exact same shade of gray as the background color. Then I installed some reading apps and their color choices were awful for e-ink, and some used background images/textures on the book's pages.
And if you change these settings (e.g. animation -> off) then these apps suddenly work wonderfully!
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote