View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 01:23 AM   #61
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I checked the Boyue update to 8.1 thread and there are many reports of devices updated to 8.1 being faster than 6, and certainly none of it being slowing. In fact someone received a new Likebook Mars with 8.1 pre-installed, and reports it being very fast. I think the Mars is an older generation than the Nova and Poke Pro, so I expect them to run 8.1, and perhaps 9 too, without any slowing of operation.
Likebook Mars is one year newer generation than the Poke Pro (typical Boox Android 6 hardware, the same as with the Nova, Nova Pro, Note, Note Pro, Max2, which differ mainly in the screen sizes and in the memory configuration).
And the Likebook hardware is much stronger than the old Boox hardware, but also weaker than the new from Boox - that's why, in my opinion, updates are only made to Android 8.1 and not to 9.
They already know what they are doing.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 09-16-2020 at 01:26 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote