View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #144
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've trimmed your post, but what I'm about to say applies to all of it.

Exactly the same things were said about Apple entering the mobile phone market.

Managing entry into a mature market and dominating it for a while was amazing once. It will be astonishing if Apple do it again in a different mature market.

But they might.
That is what I was missing, thank you for putting that missing link out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Yes, they might.
Ad if you notice, I keep saying "now" and the "current" market.
All I'm saying is they need a hook to get in and there isn't one now.
I been meaning to reply to your "why no HDTV now for Apple" - and I could not put my finger on it what was missing. And what you said before about Apple still holds true: Entering the TV market now is not suitable for them. Apple is not going to buy Sharp (or somebody else) and continue to churn out updated designs for much the same thing. That is just not how Apple works. They still have a chance to do something drastically new even in a seemingly mature market. Especially in a mature market. Why? Because the market is mature as everybody else is turning in circles. More big, more cheap, more fast, more resolution, more thin, more boring. The screens can't get much bigger short of inventing wallpaper like displays that you plaster across a complete wall. (IMAX @ home? don't see the potential.)

How about a Bill Gates house? Or rather a Antitrust Bill Gates spinoff house. Take your content with you (in cloud) visit somebody else, the electronics there recognize you, find something everybody likes, and start entertaining. Of course, that would take content and a system that looks at your stuff and inter- and extrapolates your likes. Pandora already does that, has been for years. It is time that system enteres into all media consumption, not just music. Big potential for Apple, all they need is the algorithm, build the database, and buy access to the content. They get there first before everybody else, and new expensive market. Exactly like they did turning dumb phones into smart phones.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote