View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #16
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clytie View Post
Thanks to Blue and Alvico for their helpful suggestions. I've also discovered Inkmesh, thanks to the OP. I'll keep looking (Alvico, thanks for the new bookshops!) and hope someone with actual commercial sense does surprise the "publishing" industry.

It amazes me that publishers in general have been so slow to catch on to changes in media. The music industry had to be dragged kicking and screaming into iTunes, the book industry still seems to have its head in the sand, and the TV/movie industry is even further behind. "Media" means the "way" we access things. Access has changed. Even the artificial boundaries between these kinds of information/entertainment have to go. I always thought consumers drove the market, but this market has just dug its heels in and refused to move. :S

No, it is endemic to the media. Their CEOs all missed the 'study history or be doomed to repeat it' bit in school it would appear.

Even one of those early media pirate groups - Hollywood - way back when. Read up on their reactions to television.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote