View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 09:53 PM   #90
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
In an update to thier closed Indiegogo campaign, Michael from Good eReader wrote that they had decided to suspend their campaign to focus on existing orders:

Quote:
Hey Everyone! We have decided to stop taking new orders for the Good e-Reader 13.3 so we can focus on fulfilling existing ones. Once we are all caught up we will take new orders again.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...r#/updates/all[
They then quietly entered into the Amazon marketplace and opened up their own store on their blog to continue taking new orders.

Now that that information has been made public, both here and on their former Inddiegogo campaign page, Peter from Good eReader is attempting to spin a different story, now admitting that it was Indiegogo who shut down their campaign:

Quote:
Hey kazu, thanks for your comment. We're still working on every thing since our in demand was shut down. Instead of just disappearing without saying a word, we've (very publicly) moved over to 2 new platforms, Amazon and our own sales division. We are not "embezzelers" we've been in the Ereader game for 10 years. And we're still here. No one has made of like kings here. We still make videos, and we're still supporting our units

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments[
Not sure how Peter can claim that they "very publicly" moved over to the two other platforms given Michael's earlier statement and the fact that up until now they never posted any information about the move.

So, what is the real story and what is going on?

Are they criminals who have swindled their backers?

I suspect not as I hope they will eventually fulfill those orders or offer refunds. They have sent out some devices (they claim that "over the course of the past year... we have shipped out over 400 units to our backers." https://goodereader.com/blog/product...-13-3-e-reader). And they have given at least one refund that I am aware of.

Are they incompetent?

They would seem to have demonstrated that quite clearly. They have fumbled a successful campaign and alienated former supporters and have also frightened off would be supporters.

Are they unethical?

Again, they have shown that quite glaringly on numerous occasions.

That all said, I hope they are able to sort things out and make an honest business out of it. I wouldn't buy anything from them, but I would like to see more of these devices on the market to encourage other manufacturers to become more innovative rather than complacent.

Last edited by Question Mark; 09-27-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote