View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #424
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Unethical or inept might be more suitable adjectives to describe them. They made a number of promises on their 13.3" campaign which they have yet to deliver on and may well be unable to do so such as promising to upgrade the firmware to Android 5 and supplying the source code for the device. They also allowed backers to think that there was a USB host controller in the device despite knowing for more than 10 months that there wasn't and that there would be no way to hook up an external keyboard to the device.
Yeah, I don't think they're scheming to rip people off. I just think that, like certain presidents, they think things will be 'easy' then when they're actually running the show they find it isn't.

Quote:
And for this newest campaign, they have said that the shipping fee to Holland includes taxes and duties. I wonder if that is possible. Whenever I have ordered an item from overseas, the shipper has always made very clear in advance that any import taxes and duties are my responsibility.
See your own earlier comment about the USB host controllers. My guess is, once again, they are making 'easy' promises before doing the research to find out what their promise entails.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote