View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 07:15 PM   #33
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My two cents.

I have rarely bought an ebook for more than $12 -- very few, by authors I knew, and titles I really wanted. Even so, over all the years I've been buying ebooks, it would still probably be less than ten books.

I buy (and enjoy) quite a few "Indies" (self published authors), but I don't think I've ever paid more than $2.99 for one. I might have bought a few that listed for more than that, but only if I could get them at Kobo (Smashwords will get you there) and had a high-value coupon (that I could get to work).

Finally -- and this might be just me -- book length matters. A 600 plus page ebook represents a huge commitment of my time. For a first-time Indie author, I think long and hard before downloading anything more than 200 pages.

All that aside, the ebook audience is pretty large and very diverse. Good luck!

Last edited by cromag; 04-25-2017 at 09:07 PM. Reason: I type faster than I think. Had to correct an item.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote