View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
schooner1892
schooner1892 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The menu structure may look different but if you can find a tablet profile then it should apply.
Took me a while to find something. I even went on the web with a search for "a tablet profile in Calibre v. 0.7.28." All I got was my own post and a site:

with an old description of new features in Calibre v 0.7.25 "Add an output profile for generic Tablet devices"

So I went back to your attachment and saw "Page Setup" then "Output Profile" and there in the list is "Tablet Generic." In mine I found "Convert Individually" and that brought up the window with "Page Setup" and Tablet.

Two of my attachments are images of how I found Tablets. There's one which is the list of files related to my ebook that I got from the formatter.

-------------------------------------------------

At this point I have to step back and ask myself just what I'm doing. How much do I really need to involve myself with Calibre and formatting? I do need to get the picture thing fixed, so if pulling in the files and converting them differently will do it, then I need to study up more on that aspect of Calibre.

Do you think it's an easy fix? I notice in the EPUB file that not only do I have the font problem, but the colors have become washed out.

Do the original files remain unchanged in the process of converting/altering them in Calibre?

The css files I don't understand at all. Do I need to deal with them in any of my work with Calibre?

Should I try Input Profile as Default Input Profile and output Profile as "Tablet"?

My goals are to get this book uploaded to the retailers, begin doing marketing, get going on a Print On Demand program for which I'll need ISBNs, complete another book I've written and go through this same process with it of creating an eBook. On this book, UNCHARTED VOYAGE, I had the formatting done by Paul Salvette of BB Edit, and Calibre was the only ebook editor available to me to see the results. At first I thought that the css file was my entire book in formatting code, but it's not. those css files only contain about 1000 words. I don't know where the code is. I thought I was going to be able to go into a code document of some kind to make a minor correction if the book needed it.

What I want to do is continue writing novels.

I appreciate your input,

Rafael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Convert Books>Convert Individually.png
Views:	311
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	92207   Click image for larger version

Name:	Files For My Novel.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	92208   Click image for larger version